Friday, December 3, 2010

Week Two Comment - Michelle Plank


There were several ideas that caught my attention in the reading this week. First, I liked the idea of providing a blank sheet of paper for observations or suggestions. I think it would be helpful to provide a place where students could give me their insight into my teaching. If not a blank piece of paper, then a suggestion box or create a blog. Secondly, The example where students were teaching other students. I think this is a valuable resource in the classroom and student’s usually enjoy teaching to their peers. Lastly, rule number 6. This is a rule I need to take to heart. I have a tendency to take things too seriously.


Michelle,

I agree with you in allowing for suggestions or observations. I think students input is taken for granted. What they have to share about their teachers and the way they are being taught is priceless. I believe that by requesting student's feedback we could correct some of the problems in the schools and help take their education experience to the next level.

Blogger: Michelle Plank
Title: Week 2 Reading
Url: http://web.me.com/mplank/Month_11_Blog/Week_2/Entries/2010/11/23_getting_together_at_the_cafe.html#
Retrieved Dec. 3, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment