Friday, December 3, 2010

Week Two Comment - Roberts-Walstrom,Lindsey

I would love to present. I feel like I am a gifted presenter, and a mediocre writer. I think I would be more passionate about creating a quality presentation than writing a paper to share my results. I looked up the Pete&C presentation center and it seems really great. It seems to be directed towards sharing new technologies with teachers. The idea of creating math tutorial videos using a Tablet PC is a newer idea and could really benefit teachers of all subject matters. It looks as though the conference signups are closed for this year though.


I also looked into PodCamp. It seems like my style as well. They state that while it’s not forbidden, one-way presentations are not encouraged. Presenters are there to keep a conversation rolling. I like to be in discussion based presentations and wouldn’t mind being the facilitator of one either. They also have a PodCamp in Connecticut, so it’s very possible that it would work out!

Lindsey,


Lindsey,
I like your enthusiasm! With the work, blog and discussions you have participated in this year, I know that you would have valuable information to share with the community that would benefit the school systems and give teachers a new way of looking at teaching. You show that you are very passionate about your work and student's need to grow. I encourage you to continue to pursue presenting at a conference.

On tip that I use for writing is tape record what I want to say and it isn't anything formal just what I feel about the subject. Next, I listen to the tape a few times and write down key points that I made and begin creating my document.

Best of luck!

Blogger: Lindsey Roberts-Walstrom,
Title: Week 2 - Publishing/Leadership Project
Url: http://web.me.com/roberla0/MAC_blog/Welcome.html
Retrieved Dec. 3, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment